Wearing white vans makes you look classic and casual. It’s a great match with your weekend outfit. However, such vans get dirty easily and fast especially if you are walking along dusty roads.
Now that’s not the problem. The problem comes in when it is cleaning time. Do you know how to clean white vans? Well, that’s why we are here. To show you how to do that in the easiest and fastest way.
Therefore, don’t mind having a few pairs of white vans. With the techniques, you will find that cleaning them is just an easy task. Let’s get to the details now.
Expert Tips for Clean White Vans
White vans are of different types. There are types with laces and others without laces. If you have the ones with laces, you should remove the laces from the shoes before cleaning. You should use each lace separately in warm soapy water. In this case, you can use dishwashing soap to provide the soapy foam. Before returning those in your shoes, make sure that you rinse them thoroughly and leave them outside to dry. Other tips include the following:
- Always dust your shoes to make it easy to clean them.
- Use the Kiwi sneaker protector to protect your canvas and leather shoes.
- Get stain remover wipes to deal with stains on the go.
- Spraying stain repellant and water on the vans is very crucial. Do this after washing them or immediately before wearing them.
- You can use water and dishwashing soap to spot and quickly removing stains on white vans.
Which Things Do You Need?
Having water is not enough for you to make your white vans shoes spotlessly clean. You will need several supplies. The supplies vary depending on the technique you will use for cleaning white shoes. You will need the following:
- Clean pieces of cloths
- Suede brush
- Rubber/magic eraser
- White vinegar
- Baking soda
How to Clean White Vans
We are going to discuss how to clean three types of white vans; suede vans, white leather vans, and white canvas vans. Let’s have fun cleaning all white vans.
How to clean suede white vans?
- Let dirt to dry if there is any on your white suede vans
- With the use of a suede brush get rid of all the dried dirt
- This is the stage where the white vinegar comes in. Soak a rag in the vinegar and use it to rub on each part of the suede vans.
- Use a toothbrush to scrub the shoes gently.
- Using the rubber eraser, rub gently on the suede shoe fabric and vigorously at the rubber lining.
- Use detergent or soap and the toothbrush to clean the bottom part of the shoes
- Using a clean piece of cloth wipe off the shoes. Easy peasy!
How to clean leather white vans?
Cleaning white leather shoes, specifically vans, is the easiest of all. Follow the following procedure and thank us later after having sparkling clean white leather vans.
- Here you will use clean pieces of cloth dipped in water to remove the upper layer of dirt on the shoes
- Use a magic eraser to remove excess water and to clean the sole by rubbing it through the surface
- Lather a wet rag with some soap or detergent and gently rub the shoes
- Use a clean wet cloth to get rid of the soap
- Put the shoe outside to dry
How to clean canvas white vans?
- Grab you white canvas vans, a basin, white vinegar, and baking soda
- Pour a cup full of warm water into your basin
- Scoop one tablespoon full of your baking soda and add to the warm water
- Add two tablespoons of the white vinegar to the mixture and mix them properly
- Soak a rag in the mixture and rub it on your shoes
- Use a brush with white toothpaste to scrub off all the stains on the shoes
- Wipe off excess toothpaste with a clean piece of cloth
- Leave the shoes outside for a few minutes to dry
Shoe Cleaning Mistakes To Avoid
You just can’t take your shoes and start cleaning without a plan. You need to know the best way to clean shoes depending on the shoe type. Most people assume some very important aspects of cleaning shoes. Some of the mistakes you should avoid include:
- Brushing off the upper dirt layer of suede shoes when wet; this makes the dirt to spread even in the parts where there was no dirt. It’s better if you let the dirt dry off first.
- Using a heating source like a fireplace to dry off your shoes;
- Storing shoes before cleaning them
- Storing your shoes after cleaning without air drying them
- Cleaning laced shoes with the laces on
- Using poor quality stain repellants and other shoes cleaning products
Question That Asks The Readers
1. How do I clean inside of my vans?
The best items to use in this case is a toothbrush, mild soap, and baking soda. Make a paste of the soap/detergent and baking soda. Use a toothbrush to apply the paste inside the vans while gently scrubbing. Let it sit for some time, rinse the paste, and leave the shoes to dry.
2. How to clean the white strip on your vans?
Wrap the fabric part of your vans using masking tape. Fill a cup with a mixture of acetone, vinegar, rubbing alcohol, and lemon juice. Use a toothbrush to rub the white strip using the mixture in a circular movement. Then use a clean wet cloth to wipe the strip.
3. Can you put Vans in the washing machine?
For suede and leather vans, we don’t recommend cleaning them using a washing machine. For canvas vans, you can use a washing machine but with certain conditions. Use cold water and the gentle/low washing machine level. Put the shoes in between towels or inside a wash bag.
4. Can you put shoes in the dryer?
What type of shoes do you want to put in a dryer? Not all shoe types are suitable for dryers. For suede and leather shoes, it is not advisable to use a dryer since they get easily damaged. Canvas shoes can sustain low drying conditions in a dryer. However, air drying is the best for all.
Now that you know how to clean white vans, you can grab some pairs for you and your family. I mean, you will not have trouble cleaning them. Always make sure that you clean your white vans before storing them. In this way, you will realize that clean white vans shoes are superb!