It’s hard to find someone who hasn’t experienced hair tangling. Healthy hair is the first condition to prevent hair from tangling. But it’s not always an easy job to do. No matter how hard you try, you end up with tangled hair. The question is how to detangle hair?
Before learning how to untangle your hair, it’s important to know what causes tangled hair.
What Causes Tangled Hair?
Several issues can result in tangling your hair. If you know what causes tangled hair, it’ll be easier for you to prevent the causes.
- Different hair products you use can damage your hair. They contain chemicals that roughen your hair and results in tangled hair.
- Rubbing your hair with a towel can cause hair tangling too. It makes strands of hair intertwined and causes tangled hair.
- Not combing your hair regularly causes damaged hair to get tangled. Combing your hair also helps keep the blood circulation of your scalp regular.
- Different hairstyles can also cause hair tangling.
- Sleeping with your hair open makes your hair tangled when you move in your sleep.
How To Detangle Hair Without Any Damage
Healthy hair needs a lot of care to stay healthy. Silky and smooth hair is less likely to get tangled. Sometimes it gets hard always to keep your hair smooth. The reason is regular hairstyling, dust, sunlight, and other things you can’t avoid.
Even when your hair gets tangled, there are a few options you can try to detangle your hair.
1.Comb Your Hair Properly
Learn how to comb your hair properly if tangled. The improper way can get your hair more tangled. Also, choose a suitable comb for your hair type. It’s better if you use a wide-toothed comb for detangling your hair.
- Do not start from the root. The proper way of detangling your hair is to start from the bottom and go upwards.
- Use a comb that’s wide-toothed rather than using a narrow comb.
Water can help moisturize your hair and make detangling easy. Fill a spray bottle with clean water. Section your hair. Isolate your tangled hair from untangled ones.
- Do not completely wet your hair
- Section your tangled hair and spray water on them
Oil also helps moisturize your hair. Mineral oils can help make the process easier. Rough hair results in hair tangling. The oil moisturizes your strands of hair and helps untangle them.
- Do not apply oil before conditioning your hair
- Try applying oil regularly to avoid dry hair
4.Detangle With Your Fingers
As obvious as it sounds, this is one of the best hair detanglers. If your hair is not much tangled, you can use your finger to untangle them. Even if you have matted hair, you can use your fingers to make the process easier for the next step.
- Avoid hurrying up while finger-combing your hair
- Be gentle to avoid hair damage
5.Conditioner Helps Too
Conditioning your hair can also ease your process of untangling. Use a conditioner you’re comfortable with. Conditioners contain unique ingredients. They make your hair smooth and silky to avoid tangled hair. Keep in mind that using excessive hair products can damage your hair in the long run. You can use a homemade conditioner too.
- Do not use too much conditioner
- Use a reliable brand
6.Go For a Detangling Spray
There are a lot of detangling sprays available. If you’re willing to pay for a hair product to detangle your hair, a spray can be your best hair detangler. Detangling spray can also be used to style baby hair.
- Do not use detangler spray on soaking wet hair
- Apply the spray throughout all knotted hair
Again, if you’re willing to buy a hair product for your tangled hair, you can buy a detangling shampoo. There are a lot of renowned brands that offer detangling shampoos. Choose one that you prefer.
- Do not use too much shampoo
- Condition your hair to avoid roughness
8.Try Out Hair Masks
Hair masks work as a great detangler too. You can make a detangling mask at home using water, vinegar, and conditioner. Or, you can buy a mask too.
- Avoid experimenting with different ingredients when making your mask.
- Apply mask according to the instructions if you buy one.
9.Detangling Brushes are Different than Your Regular Hair Brush
There are special brushes available for detangling your hair. You can buy one that suits your hair type. The tangled brush can be of different types. They differ in size and shape.
- Do not start brushing your hair from the root
- Keep your hairbrush clean
How to Prevent Tangled Hair
Prevention is always better. Take the necessary steps to prevent your hair from tangling. Forget about solving your tangled hair problem. Please start at the bottom and prevent it from happening. A few tips to prevent tangling-
- Comb your hair daily. Keep your comb clean.
- Don’t use too many hair products.
- Try trimming your hair every 5 to 6 weeks, even if you maintain a long layered hairstyle.
- Cover your hair in windy weather. Wear a scarf.
- Don’t keep your hair open while sleeping. Tie your hair into a braid.
Many things can trigger rough hair that results in tangles. Maybe you use a curling iron regularly, or maybe you highlighted your short hair. Using different chemical-induced products can damage your hair.
Tangled hair can be hard to deal with. If you don’t take care of your tangled hair, it can turn into matted hair. Learn how to detangle your hair. Learn how you can prevent tangled hair. Most importantly, learn to take care of your hair.
Let us know which method you used to solve your tangled hair problem. Did it help? What difficulties did you face?