Fashion is a continuously evolving element. It changes rapidly and transforms itself so often that it can be hard to keep up. Men women have struggled to keep pace with it. However, it is not an impossible task.
We always have looked at people wearing suspenders and wondered whether how to wear suspenders with jeans? They look cool, and we wish we knew how to wear them and not look weird. Admit it that many of us have never dared to experiment with them.
To help you with the trouble, let us first get to know about suspenders.
How To Wear Suspenders With Jeans
The pairing of jeans and suspenders never gets old. It is an outfit that is both interesting and classical and one that never goes out of fashion. But how to wear suspenders with jeans stylishly? Here are a few recommendations you might want to try.
# Modern and Aesthetic
A black pair of jeans look stylish with suspenders for men. The color of the suspenders may vary depending on your mood. It can be white or grey but try to keep it light. You can throw in a white T-shirt to go with the flow. Combining all this will create a perfect contrast and give you a modern and aesthetic look.
If you have blue jeans, then how to wear suspenders? Well, it is simple. Sandy or light-yellow colored suspenders are optimal for this, but honestly, any color works just fine. A long-sleeved shirt suits best with this type of combination. We recommend a navy denim shirt with grey colored suspenders. If you are up for something more, we suggest you go with a bow tie and suspender outfit.
# Casual and charming
You can also try stone-washed jeans with suspenders. The color of the suspenders can be pale yellow or tan. Try on a white shirt to go with this. However, rugged jeans also go well if you do not own stone-washed ones. This will help to give you the laid-back appearance, giving you a casual yet charming look.
What to wear with grey jeans? Any light-colored jeans and dark-colored suspenders are bound to give you a radiant vibe. The shirt or T-shirt you choose should also be the same color as the suspenders.
Now that you have the knowledge of how to wear suspenders with jeans, then it’s time for shopping. We recommend buying from J J Suspenders as they put in quality fabrics and materials into their products and are easily the best suspenders brand.
Tips For Beginner
- Always try to wear button-hole suspenders with jeans, rather than clip-on ones. The reason is that clip-on suspenders risk the chance of coming off if you are doing some lifting or heavy manual work. Also, they do not look fashionable and seem to be more of bad design. Choose Levi’s for your place to buy jeans as they are the best jeans brand.
- When you have chosen to wear suspenders with jeans, then do not wear a belt too. Many people make this mistake and tend to look ridiculous. Suspenders and belts both serve the same function of keeping your jeans up so that they do not fall to the ground. So, avoid belts when wearing suspenders
- Keep into account the length of the suspenders. It is a good practice to ensure that the suspenders are adjustable so that you can change the length of the suspenders based on your preference.
- If you are want to wear suspenders with jeans, make sure you have leather suspenders. These look great with a pair of jeans. You can try out skinny jeans or even straight cut ones.
- It is fashionable to wear a jacket or waistcoat along with it. Some people do not like the idea of showing off their suspenders and want to wear them like underwear. This is perfectly fine as long as you match the jacket or waistcoat with the jeans.
- Try to ensure that the width of your suspenders is the same as the width of your belt. A typical size is 1.25 inches or 1.5 inches wide.
- If you are bored with solid colored suspenders, you can wear printed ones. This will highlight the suspenders more, and people will notice your outfit more.
Suspenders have their advantages over belts. Other than physical benefits they prove to have other ones too. For the advantages of suspenders, you can refer to this.
What are suspenders?
Suspenders, also known as braces, are straps that are worn over the shoulders to hold up trousers. They are typically made of fabric or leather. You can wear them in an “X”, “Y” or “H” shape, depending on what suits and comforts you.
How do you attach suspenders?
Suspenders can be attached to your jeans or trousers via various types of attachments. The most common ones are Button-hole and Belt clip (clip-on).
Are suspenders better than belts?
Yes. Belts usually cause your shirts to bunch up and might cause discomfort at the waist. Suspenders leave your shirts as they are and are more comfortable.
In order to create a fashion statement, one should never fear to try out things that most people would not. Suspenders can be a tricky business, but if done right, they can be what makes you stand out from the crowd. Hopefully, now you might have a fair idea of how to wear suspenders with jeans and can show the world that you can.