In a world full of tall guys with denim, short men must feel a little cheerless. Going through all the jeans for tall men, it is tough to get the perfect jeans for short men.
The fashion of cuffing the jeans has long gone. And if the hemming is not perfect, denim looks worse! Count me in because I feel the same way when it comes to getting the right jeans for me!
But the more I researched this, the more I knew that jeans can be perfect for short men too. All you need to do is a little research, apply some little tricks and check before you buy.
So, here, I will tell you each and every fact that you need to remember before getting the right jeans for short men! Now, let’s jump into the topic, friends!
Proper Fitting for Jeans
When it comes to the proper fit of your jeans, you are the one who can decide the best for you. There are people that look good in straight cut jeans and there are also people that really don’t fit in the straight jeans.
However, short men must be careful while about the perfect fit. So, what do you think, how should jeans fit? Let me help you out! Here are some key points that might make it easy!
- People that are thin must settle for the closest fit.
- The skinny stretch jeans can make your legs look longer and sharper.
- Also, if you are short and thin, you can go for any jeans that have a closer fit.
- Short men look amazing in tapered pants that make them look a little taller.
- If you are short still you love the traditional look, you can go for slim straight pants.
# Perfect Fit according to Body Parts
When it comes to the shape of your body, every part of your body will never be the same. In short, we can say that pants for short men should never be baggy. Short jeans always look good when they have a slimmer fit.
Choosing pants for short men might be difficult especially when you love loose-fitted jeans. Shapes are important and you cannot wear anything you want if you are too short.
However, according to the specific body parts, men must be careful wearing jeans. Here, I will tell you about where your jeans need to fit and how.
# Perfect jeans fit for Length
On the other hand, the length is a fact. You cannot go for too long jeans and not also for the too-short ones. Go for the right length.
In terms of men’s jeans short leg length, the length should go and stop right at your ankle or a little lower than your ankles.
However, we do not recommend cuffing your jeans if you have short legs. Jeans for short men are always best if you get the right length.
If you don’t have another option, you can go for hemming the jeans. If you like cuffing your jeans, which are basically not anymore in style, you can do it. But always try to keep the cuffing small and neat.
If you are going to wear suspenders with jeans, try to keep the length to your ankles. Don’t make it too long otherwise, it will not suit the suspenders.
# Perfect Jeans Fit for the Waist
When it comes to your waist, your jeans must be a little tight. If you are requiring a belt for making your jeans fit, you are going wrong.
- If you are searching for the perfect jeans for short men, you should remove the belt and check if it’s the perfect fit or not.
- A little loose might not hurt you but it shouldn’t be too loose to wear a belt.
- However, there are people that add a belt and it folds the fabric. I have done it and trust me; there is nothing that looks worse than this! Avoid folding the fabric with your belt.
- However, you should not keep it too tight that gets into the skin of yours.
- To be frank, the perfect short jeans for men must be the right fit before you get your dinner and after you get it!
- Your waistband must be straight and unfolded.
# Perfect Jeans Fit for the Legs
I always say that the perfect jeans fit for you always depend on your choice. You might not prefer it too tight and then again, you might not like it too loose. Before settling, know your preferences.
- Try to keep the additional fabric out of the jeans and keep it as neat as possible
- Jeans for short men look good if you go for skinny jeans
- Don’t wear jeans that are too tight as it will make all the curves visible
- Your legs should go inside the jeans comfortably
- Pants for short men should be gradual taper from the upper portion of your thigh
To make it easy for you, you can take a look at your body first. The jeans will go tapered from the thighs. It will stay tapered till the knee and then it will meet the ankle and the leg opening keeping the tapered shape.
Gradually, the tapered shape will open its mouth at the end of your leg opening. This shape of jeans basically gives a touch of a natural silhouette. Never settle for the jeans that are baggy on the sides of your legs and give you a fat shape. Avoid baggy jeans as they can make you look shorter.
If you don’t want to go for the straight-legged jeans, you can try to taper your jeans by yourself. For this, you must know how to taper jeans. And then, you can make the imperfect jeans perfect for you.
# Perfect Jeans Fit for Hips
When it comes to the hips, jeans should be a proper fit. Never keep this place loose. In most cases, as this is the widest part of your body, you have to keep it slim. You have to understand that so much fabric is added in this section of your pants. And so, your hips look too wide. On the other hand, your butts look shaggier.
# Perfect Jeans Fit for Leg Opening
In most cases, the design of the jeans has an effect on the leg opening of your jeans.
- If you want more taper part to the down from your knee, you have to settle for the smaller leg opening. In this case, you can go for the straight fit jeans. These are usually straight from the knee to your ankle.
- Never go for the wide-legged opening jeans. Short people look fat and shorter if they wear wide-legged jeans.
- In the case of the tapered jeans, you will see the knees are broader than the ankle. This means you will have a narrow ankle and wide knees.
- In most cases, I support jeans that should be a little tapered. Here, the leg must be tapered to keep pace with the short body.
- If you are a short man, you will look impressive in the smaller leg openings. On the other hand, if you are fat, you won’t look good in that.
# Perfect Jeans Fit for the Rise
In most cases, people tend to ignore the fact of the rise when it comes to choosing the right short jeans for men. You must remember that rise is also important while choosing the right sized jeans for short men.
- The position of the waistband depends on the rise of your jeans
- If you settle for the jeans that have a low rise, your waistband will go down toward your hip bones
- If you go for the high rise jeans pants, your waistband will get upper toward your navel
- If you are short, go for the normal rise pants
- The too low or too high rise will make your look either shorter or heavy
Mistakes you do while choosing Jeans
# Baggy Jeans
In most cases, people are never really concerned about the different types of men’s jeans short leg length.
There are skinny jeans, loose jeans, baggy jeans, straight fit jeans and a lot more. You have to choose the right fit for you first.
However, if you are up for jeans for short men, you have to avoid baggy jeans. Baggy jeans usually make you look fat. And as a result, these jeans can make you look shorter too.
# Jeans Length
In the majority cases, if your jeans have a skinny fit, your legs look longer. So, the skinny fit must be the right choice for men’s jeans short leg length.
However, this has nothing to do with the length of your pants. In most cases, short jeans are not always available for short men. And so, they have to go for the longer jeans. If you are settling for the pants that are too long for you, your legs will look worse.
# Hemming Wrong
People might think that hemming the jeans might make it alright. But have you ever thought that if you hem the leg opening, the proportions of the jeans will change?
As a result, it will look worse than before. So, go for a better search and get yourself some short jeans for men. If you want to hem your jeans, even for that, you have to get the right size first!
Tips to wear Short Jeans for Men
- Get the jeans that fit your height and not the one that is long as gowns
- Straight cut jeans can afford you comfort and style together
- Don’t settle for hemming your short jeans unless that’s the only option left
- Never go for baggy jeans, settle for straight cut or skinny fit
- Go for light denim jeans in the daytime and settle for the dark for the night
So, now, you know the tricks of getting you a pair of perfect jeans for short men. You won’t be tired of wearing the wrong jeans and looking bad anymore. Now, it is time for you to get the perfect fit, perfect length, perfect waist, and rise that can make you look like the denim models.
Let us know about your favorite brand for short jeans. Also, how do you cope with the regular jeans as a short man? Share with us your opinion because it matters!